Oct 25, 2021
"Why is Marcos strong going into May 2022?
"Why is Marcos strong going into May 2022? There are several reasons:
1) his base remains strong which is 34.5 percent of the turnout;
2) his base wants to prove to all that they won the 2016 campaign for the VP;
3) all issues thrown at him in 2016 has no impact already because he has attained a Teflon-like demeanor and he has moved forward in terms of his communication framing and priming;
4) the first-time voters consider him still "youthful" despite his being a senior;
5) he remains with the administration, a possible brand extension of strong leader just like PRRD.
Adding the qualifier "dictator" does not damage the brand because voters want a strong leader and that is based on several focus group discussions: dictator is stable, dictator is decisive, dictator is political will.
Getting things done and fighting for Filipinos appear to be essential characteristics of a leader that voters are looking for. Then there is love for the country.”
Via Malou Tiquia | The Manila Times