CGDNWLZN CELEBRATES 39TH FOUNDING ANNIVERSARY
Coast Guard District North Western Luzon celebrated its 39th founding anniversary with the Commandant, Philippine Coast Guard, CG ADM ARTEMIO M ABU aboard Headquarters CGDNWLZN, City of San Fernando, La Union yesterday, 16 February 2023.
This District gave due recognition to its personnel and units for their significant contribution in the successful accomplishment of its missions. Conferment of the following awards was the highlight of the said celebration:
1.Station of the Year Class “B”: Coast Guard Station La Union headed by CG CAPT JULIAN S BAYAWA JR
2. Station of the Year Class “C”: Coast Guard Station Pangasinan headed by CG CDR MARK THEODORE P VALENCIA
3. Sub-Station of the Year: Coast Guard Sub-Station Luna headed by CG PO1 Julius Guray
4. Coast Guard Non-Officer of the Year: CG PO2 Jan Michael A Delos Santos
5. Non-Uniformed Personnel of the Year: Mr. Michael D Laron
6. Auxiliary Squadron of the Year: 704th Auxiliary Squadron headed by AUX CAPT ALFREDO PABLO R ORTEGA PCGA
7. PCGA Officer of the Year: AUX LCDR GINO OSVI P MABALOT PCGA
8. Auxiliarist of the Year: AUX1 Efren A Pulido Jr PCGA
Plaques of Recognition and Appreciation were also accorded to the partner stakeholders and organizations that significantly contributed in the District’s accomplishments.
1. Philippine Ports Authority
2. Hon. Michael Marcos Keon – City Mayor, Laoag, Ilocos Norte
3. Hon. Roque S Versosa Jr. – Municipal Mayor, Tagudin, Ilocos Sur
4. 702nd Auxiliary Squadron
5. Gratitude Meals Choices
6. NARJ Kitchenette
7. Landbank – San Fernando, La Union
8. Naval Forces Northern Luzon
9. Philippine Air Force 580th Aircraft Control and Warning Wing
10. Philippine National Police – Provincial Regional Office 1
11. Petron Corporation – Poro Terminal
12. Mrs. Carlota Abu
13. Blue Marlin Resort
14. Soiltech Integrated Port Terminal Services Inc.
15. Commission on Audit – Region 1
16. La Union Electric Company, Inc.
17. Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines
18. Poro Point Management Corporation
19. Hon. Joseph Clarence Valero – Brgy. Captain, Poro, City of San Fernando, La Union
20. Bureau of Customs – Region 1
21. Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office
22. Maritime Industry Authority – Region 1
23. Asia Motor Works
During the Commandant’s speech, he commended the Coast Guard District North Western Luzon headed by its Commander, CG COMMO PHILIPPS Y SORIA for its thrust in response to various maritime adversities within its area of responsibility.
“Continue treating each other like members of family, continue loving our country and flag without any reservations. We will elevate the Coast Guard to the next level of success in doing public service and make the Coast Guard as a symbol of hope and a source of national pride of this great maritime nation,” CG ADM ABU emphasized.
Consequently, CPCG initiated the donning and oath-taking ceremony to the newly appointed and promoted Philippine Coast Guard Auxiliary (PCGA) members. He also thanked the members of the PCG Auxiliary for keeping the spirit of volunteerism alive, and seeking to make difference in the lives of people and the communities they serve.
Coast Guard flag rank officers who also attended the activity were PCG Deputy Commandant for Operations, CG VADM ROLANDO LIZOR N PUNZALAN JR; PCG Deputy Commandant for Administration, CG VADM RONNIE GIL L GAVAN; Chief of Staff of Coast Guard Maritime Security and Law Enforcement Command, CG COMMO GLENDA T PEREYRA; Commander of Cost Guard Security and Border Protection Service, CG COMMO ANGEL Z VILIRAN; Deputy Chief of Coast Guard Staff for International Affairs (CG-5), CG COMMO ALGIER D RICAFRENTE; Command Surgeon, CG COMMO ALEXIS J CALDERON and Commander of Coast Guard Nursing Service, CG COMMO LYSAMYRA MARIE N GAVAN NS.
No credit card required, unsubscribe at any time. pagevamp.com