Feb 23, 2021
We know between the winter blues, cold temperatures, and the COVID-19 pandemic some of us may be experiencing more stress and anxiety. Review these seven tips to manage your mental health during the pandemic:
1. Stay informed about Covid-19 and take practical steps to protect yourself and loved ones.
🔹 Get the facts from trusted sources such as the CDC, the World Health Organization, and your local health department.
🔹 Do not stay glued to the news as this will only worsen the distress you may be feeling right now.
2. Engage in healthy activities:
🔹 get 7-9 hours of sleep each night,
🔹 eat a healthy,
🔹 well-balanced diet,
🔹 do not smoke,
🔹 drink no more than 1 alcoholic drink per day or none at all,
🔹 exercise your body and mind. Activities such as meditating, walking, gardening, and doing exercise routines in your home are all beneficial to your mental health.
3. Have at least a one-month supply of the prescription and over-the-counter medications you need to manage your mental health and other on-going conditions.
4. Stick to regular routines as much as possible. Integrate old and new enjoyable hobbies into your daily routine.
5. Stay connected with your family, friends, and other support networks (faith, hobbies, etc.).
🔹 Contact with at least one person per day for continued social connection through telephone, or e-mail, video conference, and social media, if you have Internet access.
6. Try as much as possible to be positive and relish the simple things in life.
7. Help others, through peer support, neighbor checking